White Sage Smudge Stick
Sustainably harvested, wildcrafted, dried White Sage (Salvia apiana) and organic hemp twine. No hidden ingredients. No charcoal or perfume.
3-3.5 inches/8cm (approx.)
United Kingdom - Including UK Mainland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight and the Channel Islands.
Orders over £60 - FREE
Orders up to £60 - £3.50
Deliveries to the Scottish Highlands and Islands may incur extra charges depending on the weight of your parcel.
Europe - Including Ireland, Austria, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Sweden, Portugal, Norway, Switzerland, Belgium, Spain, Denmark, Italy and Finland.
Charges will vary depending on the weight of your parcel and will be calculated when you checkout. Please note due to postal restrictions there is a 2kg limit for parcels to Europe.
Orders placed on weekdays (Monday-Friday) before 1pm are despatched the same day.
For full delivery information please click here.
- Open a few windows and doors to help any smoke and negative energy leave easily.
- Light your sage stick over your flameproof bowl until a small flame has caught. While holding your sage over the bowl lightly blow on the flame until it goes out. The sage will then smoke gently like incense. Remember that it’s the smoke that does the work and so the stick does not have to remain lit.
- Walk around your home clockwise, carefully Using your hands or a feather to waft the smoke into all areas of your space. Include all small spaces that collect negative energy like corners, windows and behind doors. It’s also good to open cupboards and wardrobes because they can also hold stagnant energy.
- Remember that the goal is to allow a light amount of smoke to move around your space there’s no need to create a thick cloud of smoke!
- You may need to relight the sage stick to make it around the whole house - simply relight it over your flameproof bowl and lightly blow it out as before. Then carry on where you left off.
- There are some who believe the sage stick should be left to smoulder rather than extinguish - this should only be done if you are able to stay with it while it burns. If not then extinguish it by lightly pressing the stick into earth, sand or into your fireproof dish. Never leave a lit sage stick unattended.
Read the full beginners guide to smudging your home here
Use caution when burning. Be cautious of loose embers and use a fireproof container. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Never leave the burning smudge stick unattended.
This is entirely up to you. I like to set an intention before starting; something simple like ‘please rid my home of any energy that no longer serves me and my family’, an affirmation or prayer works very well too. It’s more important to find something that feels meaningful to you rather than look for the ‘right’ thing to say.
A gentle smoulder is absolutely fine because it’s the smoke that does the cleansing. There’s no need to fill the room with smoke! If your sage stick stops smouldering while you’re using it then simply relight it and start where you left off.
I’ve heard this so many times that I had to include it here. Burning white sage is really no different to following good candle safety - always use a fireproof container, extinguish once done (using sand, earth or by pressing it into the container) and never leave it unattended.
As often as feels right for you. I use it as part of my morning and evening rituals but you should find what works well for you. Here are a few times when you’ll find it particularly effective…
- During bouts of unease and negativity.
- After illness, especially when it’s something that has spread through your home; sage has anti-bacterial properties and so can help in more ways than one.
- When you move into a new home it’s a wonderful way to cleanse your new home of the previous owners energy and welcome a new chapter into your life.
- To clear the air after arguments and rid your home of the negative energy that was created.
- After a relationship breakdown or even a bad date!
- If you’re having trouble sleeping and a bad night’s rest has become too common.
- Before meditation, yoga or anything that calls you to be creative.
The harvesting of sage is not always done with the environment in mind and so care should always be taken as to where it is purchased from. We source our white sage sticks direct from the harvesters themselves who have been harvesting white sage from private land for over 15 years. The sage is pruned and harvested with the eco-system in mind which helps it to grow in abundance and 100% sustainably.